skip to content
  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Investment Q&A
You can view 3 more answers this month. Sign up for a free trial for unlimited access.

Investment Q&A

Not investment advice or solicitation to buy/sell securities. Do your own due diligence and/or consult an advisor.

Q: Now past 30 day tax loss period on the above securities previously sold. Was going to buy back to original weights.
1. buy back now
2. average in over next few months with some of these
3. replace some of these with other securities you might like better

Read Answer Asked by Peter on July 29, 2022

Q: Hi Iím a long term investor, and currently very heavy on Tech. Iím currently searching for a non tech name for an RRSP for a long term hold. Iím more focused on growth as I have time on my hands. Outside of tech, I hold ATZ, HON, BAM, GSY, SQ, COST. Can you please list your top 10 favourite US companies?

Thanks for everything

Read Answer Asked by Nick on June 09, 2022

Q: I am down 20 to 40 % on these equities.
I am considering harvesting a loss and moving to other names in their respective sectors. Please assess by my plan and provide any necessary input.
Swap LULU for CROX
Swap ADBE for CRM
Swap RCII for DKNG - I am less convinced it this third swap.

Thank you

Read Answer Asked by karim on March 02, 2022

Q: I know that Peter would not characterize himself as as a ďValueĒ investor, but some recent articles have indicated conditions (interest rates, inflation, growth or lack of) may be setting up for an outperformance for value stocks. If that thesis turned out to have validity, can you give me an idea of what your Value Portfolio might look like? If you could choose some from different sectors, and throw in a few US choices, so much the better. Thank you.

Read Answer Asked by Stephen R. on October 04, 2021

Q: What three US and three Canadian Public companies would you recommend for growth and management abilities/performance when looking at a 10 to 15 year horizon. (In order of your preference)

Thank you for the incredible value your investing insight has given me over the years!

Read Answer Asked by Michael on May 10, 2021

Q: The next big move by Biden is Infrastructure . What are areas that will benefit and what Companies would you recommend. ?
Steel, cement, lumber, copper, machinery . Are there companies that rent machinery.? It is rumoured that up to $5 billion will be spent. What Construction companies will benefit. Thanks 5 I RAK.

Read Answer Asked by bob on March 15, 2021

Q: I am short US and international exposure. I currently have a small USD trading account with 5 US stocks representing 10% of my portfolio. I have another 10% in my Cdn account in XQQ and VMO for a total of 20% US exposure, mostly in non-registered accounts.

I am wondering about selling FTNT or URI to buy NVDA. Or I could exchange for more USD and just buy NVDA. I would like your thoughts on the future growth of FTNT or URI vs NVDA, or should I own all 3 and accept the $ exchange charge to get more US exposure?

Currently FTNT is up slightly in my account, and URI has a 50% capital gain.

Thanks for your advice.

Read Answer Asked by Gordon on January 22, 2021

Q: I own all of the above stocks in the 'growth' portion of a well balanced portfolio. I don't need to sell any and the volatility doesn't bother me. Are there any I should sell because their fundamentals have changed in this correction? Any I should add too?

Read Answer Asked by Larry M. on April 03, 2020

Q: Realizing that all the above listed securities differ, they all got battered like everything else. Your opinion would be appreciated as to slowly buying into these positions and your preferred ordering.
Thank you, as always!

Read Answer Asked by Sigrid on March 23, 2020