skip to content
  1. Home
  2. >
  3. Investment Q&A
You can view 3 more answers this month. Sign up for a free trial for unlimited access.

Investment Q&A

Not investment advice or solicitation to buy/sell securities. Do your own due diligence and/or consult an advisor.

Q: I hold the above in my income portfolio. With the exception of psi they are half positions. psi has diminished to well under a half position. I have enough new money to top 4 or 5 up to full positions. Which of the above (if any) would you suggest deserve a full 5% weighting? I am of course willing to move in a new direction if that were your advice. I currently hold 24 positions in this account.

Read Answer Asked by Rod on April 22, 2021

Q: I have the the above exposures to the oil industry and I would like to reduce them. Can you please rank them in terms of recovery/return potential in the next year or two?

Read Answer Asked by Mahdi on November 17, 2020

Q: Thanks for your ongoing non-biased advice.
I have three DOGS in my non registered account ...... Baylin Technologies (BYL) with No Dividend, Cipher Pharma (CPH) with No Dividend and Pason Systems (PSI) that has a 3.5% Dividend.
Please analyze each account for future growth prospects, survivability etc.
My strategy is to double-down and buy more of each stock in my wife's non registered account during tax loss season because her income is very low ......... then wait 30 days and sell the above stocks after 30 days in my registered account either this year or next year.
Hope this strategy makes

Read Answer Asked by Daniel A> on November 16, 2020

Q: I am planning to take some losses as offsets to capital gains from previous years. In some cases, I am considering replacements as well. Please advise of any concerns with, or suggest alternatives to, the following sale (purchase) plan.

Sell HWO, PSI & IPL (buy PPL and AQN - already own ENB, ALA & KEY)

Sell SU & CJ (buy CNQ and PXT - already own ARX). I also have a sizeable loss on VET, but consider that is presently so far below comparables, that I should wait for some recovery Ė or sell now and move on?

Sell HR.UN (buy another REIT, possibly TCN.UN and/or ERE.UN - already own IIP.UN & NWH.UN).

Sell CHR.

Thanks - Don

Read Answer Asked by don on October 05, 2020

Q: Pason's current price and cash might look appealing to someone who doesn't have any exposure to oil in their portfolio. What are your thoughts on Pason at this time? Would you prefer a producer like Suncor or something midstream like Enbridge?

Read Answer Asked by Bashir on August 27, 2020

Q: I own ARX, PSI and XEG. Momentum in ARX is improving and I am just above water. I am down 66% with PSI. My other holding in the energy sector is XEG. I am considering selling PSI and investing the proceeds in ARX. What do you think? Thank you.

Read Answer Asked by Richard on August 11, 2020