5i Research Blog
Mar 24, 2017 5 from 5i: "Mean Reversion is the Religion of the FED"
Out of the US, President Trump's embattled health-care bill is set to be voted on later today, with Republican leaders uncertain they have the numbers for it to pass. Investors are watching the progress closely as the bill is being viewed as a test of President Donald Trump's ability to push through promised pro-growth policies. The S&P/TSX traded higher on Friday following the release of the 2017 Liberal Budget. New Flyer Industries (NFI) reported Q4/16 results that were generally in line. Franco-Nevada (FNV) had the strongest year on record, producing 464k gold equivalent ounces (+29% vs 2015). Shares in Amaya (AYA) are up nicely after the CEO commented on a higher appetite for acquisitions. Here are five stories we found interesting this week:
- Analysis from the sole rate hike "dissenter"
- Why equity markets are defying the FED's rate hike?
- A road map to European political risk
- The asset class heat map: a reminder in diversification
- stock picking is an uncertain outcome; remember these guidelines
Don't forget to tune in and catch Peter Hodson on BNN, Monday March 27
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Login to post a comment.