5i Research Blog
Apr 07, 2017 5 from 5i - A lesson in price targets from the Snap IPO
Oil prices spiked after the United States launched 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian airfield in response to a previous chemical attack. SNC-Lavalin Group (SNC) is in talks to buy U.K.-based WS Atkins for $3.5B in a deal that would give Canada’s biggest engineering and construction company a larger footprint in Europe. DHX Media (DHX.B) rallied after signing a deal with Cartoon Network U.S. Retailer Hudson’s Bay (HBC) suffered a loss of $152M in its crucial Q4 holiday season, as the department-store retailer took a $116M writedown tied to its struggling Saks OFF 5th and Gilt.com discounters and moved to revamp operations. Bombardier (BBD.B) says it will back down on its plans to offer hefty bonuses to six members of its senior executive team, putting off half of their $32M in bonuses until 2020 and only if the company meets certain financial targets. Fed meeting minutes showed that the Federal Reserve sees a change in its bond investment policy later this year, which reversed a rally after a strong jobs report earlier. Here are fice stories we found interesting this week:
- Evaluating the ethics and process behind Morgan Stanley's valuation model
- When investors can rationally expect changes to model assumptions
- How to determine if you need portfolio inflation protection
- What to expect from markets if the Syria situation worsens
- A quick checklist for those building a portfolio
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Login to post a comment.