5i Research Blog
Apr 01, 2017 5 from 5i - Two Perspectives for CEO and Management Analysis
Home Capital Group (HCG) plummeted on Tuesday after saying that it had terminated the employment of its CEO. Cenovus (CVE) shares were active on Thursday after the company announced that it has entered into an agreement with ConocoPhillips (COP), the world's largest independent E&P company, to acquire its 50% interest in the FCCL Partnership, jointly owned by the two companies. Dollarama (DOL), Canada’s top dollar store with nearly 1,100 locations, reported Q4/F17 earnings results which were way ahead of expectations. Snap (SNAP) was under pressure on Tuesday after Facebook (FB) announced it was beefing up its camera features, making its app more like Snapchat. BlackRock (BLK) said it would overhaul its actively managed equities business, cutting jobs, dropping fees, and relying more on computers to pick stocks. Here are five stories we found interesting this week:
- Ackman's 'lessons learned' are good takeaways for investors on company management
- Investors need to sort out management personalities and adjust valuation assumptions accordingly
- Quantifying the case for low-single digit returns over the next decade
- Getting out of the market is easier than getting back in
- Incorporate these terms into your investment vocabulary
ICYMI, check out Peter Hodson's appearance on BNN.
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Login to post a comment.