Accessibility Standard for Customer Service
5i Research Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will communicate with people in ways that take into account their disability.
We do not provide any assistive devices. Should our staff encounter a customer who uses an assistive device that we are not familiar with, we will ask the best way that we can be of assistance.
We do not have any premises which are open to the public.
We do not have physical premises which would require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person. Should a person with a disability require a support person to access our online services, that option is available to our customers at no charge.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
We do not have a premises open to the public which would require notice of disruption.
5i will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
This training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- 5i’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise, if any, that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person is having difficulty in accessing 5i’s goods and services.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way 5i provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback will be reviewed by the management team of 5i and customers can expect to hear back within 7 days.
Notice of Availability
5i will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service are available upon request by posting a notice on our website.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy, practice or procedure of 5i that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.